One of the most important aspects of good web design is the landing page – the content you want a new arrival to see first. If, for example, you are targeting a particular product, then the ideal landing page is one where they can purchase the goods, while also learning more about the product.
What Is The Goal Of A Landing Page?
Before we take a look at the essential elements of a good landing page, let’s determine the goal, which is to convert the user. You want them to take a further step towards purchase, which could be any of the following:
- To buy a product
- To sign up for a newsletter
- Filling out an online form
- Downloading an e-book
Bearing this in mind, you can start to design the page, looking for impact and attractive layout.
Here they are, straight from the digital marketing consultant:
- Organised And Easy To Understand – The perfect landing page is simplistic and very easy to understand and with a digital web agency Cardiff or your area trusts, your landing page will be easy to follow and that means a high conversion rate.
- Minimal Distractions – You don’t want pop-ups or flashing graphics on your landing page, as they distract the user from what you are encouraging them to do. Teaming up with a good web design agency will ensure that all your web content is presented clearly, with minimal distractions.
- Use An Effective Header – Your headline should have impact, with the right font and size and that should lead to the desired action, namely a conversion. This is something a good web designer would know and with their help, your landing page will be productive.
- Trust Signals – These are highly effective in building trust, badges of associations or affiliations of names that are well-known is the name of the game with trust signals. Testimonials are one form of trust signal that is very effective, if they are placed strategically and do not draw attention. Take a look at who you are associated with and ask their permission to include their graphics on your platform.
- Mobile-Friendly – Your landing page must be mobile-friendly. The number of users with mobile devices is growing and this means you reach every user with a clear and concise message.
- Keep Forms Short – People don’t like to labour through a long online form. Ask for the minimal information and the process will be smooth and fast. You can always ask for further information at a later time, so keep things to essential information.
- Fast Page Loading – The last thing you want is for your landing page to load slowly. Users quickly leave if there is any kind of delay when clicking on a page. This also applies to your homepage. Indeed, every page on your site should load in less than a second, which does require high bandwidth.
Web design is a critical aspect of projecting the right image and if you join forces with a reputable web design outfit in your area, the only way is up.